ePermits control different product types. They are issued by the following Ministries Departments and Agencies (MDAs) through the Ghana Single Window:
- Animal Production Directorate – Imports of Livestock Feed, Feed Ingredients and other Animal Production Inputs
- National Petroleum Authority - Imports of Lubricants, LPG and LPG Vessels
- Energy Commission – Exports of Charcoal
- Ghana National Chamber of Commerce – Export Certificate of Origin for Ghanaian Products
- Plant Protection And Regulatory Services – Import of Soil, Plant, Plant Products and Fertilizer
- Food and Drugs Authority - Import of Food, Drugs, Cosmetics, Medical Devices and Household Chemicals
- Ghana Standards Authority - Import of High Risk Goods
- Veterinary Services Department - Import of Animal and Animal Products
- Timber Industry Development Division - Export of Timber and Wood Products
- Environmental Protection Agency – Import of Industrial Chemicals, Pesticides, Granules, Fertilizer, Priority Chemicals, Precursors, Meat and Mercury
- National Communications Authority - Import of Telecommunications and Broadcasting Equipment
To obtain an ePermit you should complete 5 steps:
- Select the Unique Consignment Reference (UCR) created for the consignment.
- Submit ePermit information to MDA.
- Pay for ePermit Fee (if necessary) through an authorised bank.
- Obtain ePermit Approval from MDA.
- Copy of ePermit is sent to Ghana Customs Management System.
- Commercial Invoice
- Packing List
- Depending on the MDA and type of e-Permit, a number of additional inputs may be required.
- Importer must have registered with Ghana Revenue Authority for a New TIN (Prefix P, C, V, G or Q)
- User must be registered with GCNet to use the eMDA Module